Let There be Light

Let There be Light
Originally uploaded by My Art4Life.
I am finally getting around to posting a photo of one of my pieces of art. I am hoping in the next month to add links to other online locations where I have artwork posted. I think this blog could definitely use some colour!
Labels: artists worth noting, faith and spirituality, my art

3 Comments:
You've added colour for sure. I'm still trying to figure out what it is but it is colourful :-)
Sirdar, why does it have to be representational? We have cameras to do that for us. Art can be created with the use of symbols, just as the alphabet and written language are only symbols that you have learned to recognize. You can learn to see (or recognize), symbols in art, such as the oval shape in the centre of this art piece with the strokes of yellow starting at the oval and moving outward away from the oval. This is a common symbol for a sun, isn't it? And what about the colourful strokes of red, orange and yellow moving from top to bottom on the right and left of the oval. You might recognize those as symbols for fire. Now combine that with the title of the art, and you now have some further idea of what the art piece is about.
I figured out the sun part and thought the red/orange/yellow strokes were a reflection on something like tall grass. It was the part that looks like a candle holder and the blue around it that I wasn't sure what it represented. I guess I just don't understand art. But I'll keep trying!! :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home